Chef Jessica B Williams
After growing up on an inspiringly beautiful farm in Southwest Arizona, Jessica moved to New York City to work as a nanny.
Because of her passion for cooking, she soon found that she was hired to teach other nannies how to prepare delicious and healthy dishes for the children of New York City.
Jessica then decided to follow her passion for cooking, beginning formal studies at the acclaimed Peter Kump’s New York Cooking School.
After interning at the Four Seasons, Manhattan, she went on to study at the DCT Culinary Academy in Switzerland where she became the First American Female to win the prestigious Gold Medal in KochKunst at the ZAGG.
Jessica has also worked in London at the Ritz but currently lives in Chicago, where she has been working as a private chef for Chicago families, producing a “recipe” and educational series that aims to further culinary excellence.
• 1 inch thick Ribeye Steaks
• 2 Cans Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 Serrano chiles, roasted, peeled, and small diced (or small can of green chiles)
• 1 med Onion, small dice
• 2 Garlic cloves, minced
• 1-2 Cups Beef Stock or Broth
• To Taste Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat cast iron pan or grill to med-high heat
2. Bring Ribeye to room temp
3. Rub with EVOO
4. Sprinkle with S&P
5. Cook steak for 3-4 mins each side for med-rare temp
6. Remove steak and rest for 10mins
7. While your steak is resting prepare the beans...
8. Preheat med stock pot
9. Add EVOO
10. Add onions
11. Saute for 2-3 mins
12. Add Beef stock
13. Bring to simmer
14. Add chiles and garlic
15. Add S&P
16. Simmer for 10-15 mins
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.