Warming and seasonal, this chicken and Jerusalem artichoke soup is an ideal quick but delicious dinner or lunch that helps you step away from tinned soups.
Artichokes are low in fat while rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, taking the guilt out of indulging in this delicious soup.
Try our take on this creamy, indulgent soup below.
Ingredients you will need:
- 50g of butter.
- 2 white onions.
- 1kg of Jerusalem artichoke.
- 1 litre of chicken stock.
- 100ml of double-cream.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- 80g of pre-cooked shredded chicken.
- Heat your butter in a large saucepan and fry off your onions and artichokes; this should take around 10 minutes until they’re soft.
- Add your stock and bring it to a gentle boil; reduce the heat and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes. The artichokes should become very tender.
- Take off the heat and blend your stock with your double cream until you create a smooth purée.
- If eating immediately, stir in your shredded chicken and cook through until everything is hot.
- Serve in bowls and season with freshly ground black pepper or chilli flakes for extra flavour.
Tip: Fry up some bacon lardons and stir them in for an extra burst of flavour.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.