Originating from Italy, this is another ideal dish to serve with a cold glass of white wine in the summer.
Surprisingly simple to make, our mushroom risotto is a great way to bring incredible Italian cooking to your kitchen. Our easy-to-follow recipe is a must-try.
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 pints of chicken broth.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 100g of mushrooms (sliced).
- 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- 1 white onion (chopped).
- 300g of arborio rice.
- 4 tbsp. of butter.
- 40g of parmesan cheese (grated).
- Start by bringing your chicken broth to a simmer in a medium pan.
- Next to this, in a large saucepan, heat your olive oil on a high heat and add your mushrooms and season them with salt and pepper. This should take around 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, put it to one side.
- In the same saucepan, heat some fresh olive oil on a high heat and cook your onion until brown.
- Add your rice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add 120 ml of your boiling chicken broth into the pan. Allow your rice to absorb all the liquid, and repeat the process until all your broth has been added.
- Make sure to stir constantly to ensure a balanced cook. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Once all the broth has been absorbed, and you’re left with a porridge-like consistency, stir in the mushrooms, the butter, and the parmesan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tip: Now you know the basics of risotto, you can make various risotto dishes, not just mushrooms. Simply swap the mushrooms for your desired ingredient and go.
Some favourites include peas and ham, vegetables, chicken, and seafood.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.