Chef Jack will show you how to make a popular Greek fast food 'Souvlaki'. Packed with complementing and traditional Greek flavours, it's hard not to love this meal.
600g pork tenderloin
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for cooking liquor)
- 2 lemons (for cooking liquor)
- 300g greek yoghurt
- ½ cucumber
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 10g dill
Pork: Cut your pork into 2cm chunks. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together, and mix with the pork. Leave to marinate as long as you can. When ready, place your meat onto skewers.
- Cooking liquor: Mix olive oil and lemon together as a liquor to pour on the meat whilst you cook.
- Tatziki: Make the tatziki, by mixing grated cucumber with the yoghurt, minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and chopped dill.
- Vegetables: Slice the onions and tomatoes, ready to assemble into the pita.
- Pork: Bring a pan to a high heat, and place the skewers into the pan. Leave to get a strong colour on both sides, and cook through. During the cooking process, add your liquor of lemon and olive oil - this will help keep the meat moist, and add flavour.
- Assemble: When your meat is ready, it’s time to assemble. Spread some tzatziki on the pita. Add your pork, and then your onion and tomatoes. Wrap tightly, and enjoy.