Chef Isabella Franco
Italian film-maker Federico Fellini famously said that “Life is a combination of magic and pasta” and this sums up Isabella’s attitude towards food perfectly!
Eating for pleasure, never calorie-counting and enjoying life to the full.
• 1 fillet or sirloin steak
• 200g Gorgonzola piccante
• ½ red pepper, diced
• ¼ onion
• 1 clove garlic
• 100ml double cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
2. Brown the onions, then add the peppers and sweat until softened.
3. Pat the steak dry and season.
4. Heat a frying pan or griddle pan until smoking hot and sear the steak on both sides. Cook to taste (2-3 minutes each side for medium).
5. Crumble the gorgonzola into the pan with the onions and peppers.
6. Remove the steak and allow to rest.
7. Just before serving, add the cream to the Gorgonzola sauce.
8. Serve with potatoes and greens or crispy bread to mop up the sauce.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.