Chef Isabella Franco
Italian film-maker Federico Fellini famously said that “Life is a combination of magic and pasta” and this sums up Isabella’s attitude towards food perfectly!
Eating for pleasure, never calorie-counting and enjoying life to the full.
• 1 fillet or sirloin steak
• 200g Gorgonzola piccante
• ½ red pepper, diced
• ¼ onion
• 1 clove garlic
• 100ml double cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
2. Brown the onions, then add the peppers and sweat until softened.
3. Pat the steak dry and season.
4. Heat a frying pan or griddle pan until smoking hot and sear the steak on both sides. Cook to taste (2-3 minutes each side for medium).
5. Crumble the gorgonzola into the pan with the onions and peppers.
6. Remove the steak and allow to rest.
7. Just before serving, add the cream to the Gorgonzola sauce.
8. Serve with potatoes and greens or crispy bread to mop up the sauce.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Quail Spatchcock With Berry Glaze
Chef Edward Clegg will show you the process of preparing a quail spatchcock with a berry glaze. Including the techniques of spatchcocking the bird, readying it for presentation and making the glaze, this masterclass will cover many important cooking lessons.
Spaghetti Alle Vongole
Edward Clegg will teach you how to make Spaghetti Alle Vongole, another dish from their Professional Diploma in Cookery. Spaghetti Alle Vongole is a quick dish to make, but this recipe involves lots of valuable tricks from Chef Edward that you can apply to many other dishes.