Chef Martyn Odell
Martyn Odell is the founder of Lagom Chef, a service that provides tailored meal plans and shares practical cooking skills to show you how to use everyday ingredients in creative ways to make zero-waste cooking at home simple.
Having always been passionate about cooking and food, Martyn has significant experience in restaurants and catering. After choosing to to make a change and focus on fitness and endurance events, Martyn’s interest in nutrition was spiked.
This road eventually led him to travel the world and garner an appreciation for the natural environment, as well as an awareness of the effects of global warming. Realising the impact food waste has on global warming, Martyn chose to do something about this by starting Lagom and make a difference through his passions of food and cooking.
• 2 x Turkey leg
• Turkey/veg/beef Stock
• 2 Bay leaf
• 2 tsp Smoked paprika
• 2 tsp Cumin seeds
• 3 Cloves
• 2 tsp Dried oregano
• 2 Lime
• 30ml Red wine vinegar
• 1 Red chilli
• 30g parmesan cheese
• 1 Sweet potato
• Big handful salad leaves
1. If you can marinate your turkey legs overnight then please do.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F
3. In a large saucepan bring your stock to a simmer and add bay leaf, smoked paprika, cumin seeds, cloves, dried oregano, lime juice, red chilli and red wine vinegar. Allow to infuse for a few minutes.
4. Lay your turkey leg in a baking tray deep enough so the legs can be covered in the stock. Pour over the infused stock, cover with parchment paper then tin foil.
5. Slide into the oven and bake for 1 ½ - 2 hours.
6. For the wedges, leave the skin on the potatoes and blanch for 4 mins in salted boiling water, drain and steam.
7. Drizzle with oil, cumin, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-30 mins or until nice and crispy.
8. To serve, shred your turkey leg, strain the stock and reduce down to mix through the turkey keeping it nice and moist. To finish the wedges grate over lime zest, parmesan and some fresh chilli. Serve everything on a plate with a nice green salad.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.