Chef Jack experiments with Mexican cuisine with an elote. Elote is a fried corn dish that is popular as a street food in Mexico. Simple and delicious, this can also be done on a BBQ.
2 corn husks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp chilli Powder
- 1 lime
- 10g coriander
- 25g butter
- 50g mayonnaise
- 150g parmesan & 50g feta (or 200g Cotija cheese)
Grate your cheese and mix the two types together.
- Remove the butter from the fridge and keep this at room temperature.
- Mix your paprika, cayenne, and chilli powder.
- Halve your limes.
- Finely chop your coriander.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Roast your corn in the oven, until charred all around. It should take approximately 20 - 25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven spread butter across the whole corn. Then generously apply mayonnaise.
- Carefully but liberally sprinkle your cheese, and then your spice mix all over your corn. Garnish with coriander, a squeeze of lime, and serve!