Our take on this roast ham is guaranteed to make an impression; sweet and salty with a slight spicy tickle, this is a great alternative to your Christmas turkey or as part of your boxing day feast. Follow our easy recipe below.
Ingredients you will need:
- Preheat your oven to 325C/160F/Gas 3.
- Place your gammon into a baking tray and wrap in foil with the fat facing up.
- Bake ham until the internal temperature reaches 120C. This should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Now make your glaze. Place your pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce and allspice in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium heat and allow to simmer. Stir occasionally until thick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven and increase the temperature to 425C/220F/Gas 7.
- Remove the foil and brush your freshly made glaze all over the ham until fully coated.
- Now arrange your pineapple rings. Place them all over the top of the ham, placing a maraschino cherry in the centre. Secure these with a toothpick until fully covered.
- Brush the top of the ham, pineapple, and cherries with more of your glaze.
- Place the ham back into the oven, this time without the foil, for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve, and enjoy.
You can purchase our delicious smoked or unsmoked gammon joints and traditional French Dijon mustard to use with this recipe both in-store and online. You can also take advantage of our reliable nationwide delivery and have them straight to your door, 7 days a week.