Quick and easy to prepare and cook, they’re ideal to whip up in no time at all.
Put these on your party table, bring them to a picnic or plate them up at a buffet; they’re a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, leaving your guests wanting more.
Ingredients you will need:
1 pack of ready-made puff pastry.
- 350g of sausage meat.
- 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- 1 tsp of dried mixed herbs.
- Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- 4 tbsps. Cranberry sauce.
- 1 beaten egg (this will be used as your glaze).
Preheat the oven to 180℃/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place your sausage meat into a mixing bowl and add your seasonings. (Mixed herbs, salt, pepper, and thyme). Mix well.
- Roll your pastry out and cut it in half lengthways.
- Now spoon your sausage meat along the centre of one half and the pastry.
- Do the same with your cranberry sauce alongside the sausage meat.
- Brush along the edge of the pastry with your beaten egg wash and fold the pastry over.
- Use a fork to seal the opening, and then egg wash the top.
- Cut into 8 bitesize pieces, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat to make another 8 sausage rolls.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve warm or cold.
Tip: You can make plain sausage rolls the same; just remove the cranberry sauce. Being able to prepare and cook in as little as 45 minutes, makes this the perfect party, picnic, or buffet staple.