Whether you’re hosting a BBQ, picnic, or the perfect party food, these pulled beef siders will leave your guests coming back for more.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 2kg beef brisket.
- 1 chicken stock pot or cube.
- 64g cup brown sugar.
- 128g passata.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- 2 tbsp honey.
- 1 tbsp onion powder.
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika.
- 4 crushed garlic cloves.
- 30 brioche slider rolls.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356F/Gas 4.
- Heat your oil in a large casserole dish or pan over medium heat. While this is heating season, your beef brisket with salt and pepper, cooking for 5-minutes on each side until braised.
- Add your stock, sugar, passata, honey, mustard onion powder, paprika, rosemary and garlic into a large pan and cover.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil) the ad you need and bake in the oven for 3 hours.
- Uncover, turn the beef and cook for a further 1 hour. The beef should be tender.
- Transfer beef to a large bowl and shred, discarding any fat. Add half the sauce to the beef. Stir to combine.
- Leave your sauce cooking on a medium heat for an additional 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add half the sauce with your shredded beef and stir.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and vinegar in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add apple, cabbage, onion, carrot and coriander. Toss to combine.
- Gently half and toast your brioche buns.
- Add the beef and remaining sauce into each bun. Serve and enjoy.
Tip: Shard cheese goes well with these such as a cheddar or Monterey jack.