Our easy-to-make seafood linguine is the perfect, fresh dinner to add to your weekly menu. Using fresh fish and hearty Italian pasta, this dish is bound to make you feel like you’re eating fresh food on the coastline of Italy.
Serve with a cold glass of Pino Grigio, a sparkling glass of prosecco, or Aperol Spritz for dinner parties or summer afternoons in the garden.
Ingredients you will need:
- 500g of mussels.
- 250g of whole prawns.
- 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- 50ml of white wine.
- Lemon juice (1 whole, squeezed).
- Freshly chopped parsley.
- 400g linguine.
- Salt and black peppercorns.
- Start by cleaning your seafood. Scrub your mussels in cold water and remove the beards. Put them to one side. Peel your prawns and remove the heads.
- Heat your olive oil in a large saucepan or cast iron casserole dish on the hob, and cook off your garlic and chilli flakes.
- Once hot, add your mussels and wine, cover, and cook for 2 minutes until they open. Any unopen can be thrown away.
- Add your prawns and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour over your lemon juice and let simmer.
- During this process, cook your linguine in salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to your fish and sprinkle over your parsley and grind fresh black pepper.
- Mix well and serve.
Tip: Crunchy bread is perfect to dip into your seafood sauce.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Carrot & Apple Muffins
Delicious and filling, these make an ideal breakfast or afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee.
Pasta Alla Vodka
Pasta alla vodka is inspired by Italian and New York cooking styles and flavours, a rumoured favourite of model Gigi Hadid; it has been a big hit recently.