100g Chorizo, skin removed and finely diced or 3 tbsp N’duja Paste
1 sheet puff pastry
3tbsp Fennel Seeds
1 egg, beaten
It's a British classic, the perfect pastry for any time of the day, an excellent accompaniment at any event and a coveted bar snack... it's the Sausage Roll.
Chef Susie Mandleberg's (@chefsusiemandleberg), however, tops the rest with the addition of chorizo to give it that extra kick! Give these gourmet sausage rolls a go with your instructions below, or watch Chef Susie put them together step by step in her Planet Eat masterclass...
1. Peel skins off sausages and add salt and pepper, chorizo or n’duja paste, half the fennel seeds and Parmesan and mix well in a bowl.
2. Roll out puff pastry and cut into 6 pieces. Smear a tsp Apple or cranberry sauce on each section.
3. Roll the sausage roll mixture into sausages long enough for each piece of pastry and roll up.
4. Brush with the beaten egg, and sprinkle each sausage roll with fennel seeds, flaky salt and chilli flakes.
5. Bake at 200c for 20 mins, or until a deep golden colour.
6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and serve warm.
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure you catch Chef Susie's full masterclass, Dinner Party Side Dishes, on Planet Eat to see more of her simple and flavoursome recipes.
MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION
Quail Spatchcock With Berry Glaze
Chef Edward Clegg will show you the process of preparing a quail spatchcock with a berry glaze. Including the techniques of spatchcocking the bird, readying it for presentation and making the glaze, this masterclass will cover many important cooking lessons.
Spaghetti Alle Vongole
Edward Clegg will teach you how to make Spaghetti Alle Vongole, another dish from their Professional Diploma in Cookery. Spaghetti Alle Vongole is a quick dish to make, but this recipe involves lots of valuable tricks from Chef Edward that you can apply to many other dishes.