They say the best way to the heat is through the stomach. Cooking a romantic meal is the perfect way to have a quiet intimate evening together, from something small and simple to a grand three course meal.
Valentine’s steak dinner
Create the perfect restaurant standard dinner, with a high-quality cut of steak with some delicious sides. A steak dinner for two is a classic favourite for a reason, versatile and simply delicious, you can’t go wrong when looking to impress.
- Choose your cut of steak. (fillet, sirloin, rump, T-bone, or ribeye.)
- Seasoning. (We recommend, garlic, salt and black pepper.)
- Start prepping your steaks by seasoning them with salt and black pepper. Alternatively, you can enhance the flavour with a marinade, which also helps to tenderize before cooking.
- Begin heating your pan on a medium heat and add your choice of cooking fat. In this instance we’re using butter which we have seasoned with garlic.
- Place your steak into the pan and cook for the desired time.
- One cooked, plate up and serve.
Succulent beef wellington
Elevate your home cooking with a succulent beef wellington. Bringing sophistication to the table, you’re guaranteed to impress your loved one with this mouth-watering dish. Follow the steps below to cook the best results.
All you need is a beef wellington, (we’ve provided some excellent sides below).
Make a meal of it and go all out with our quick and easy sides that compliment and pack out your Valentine’s dinner.
The perfect greens
Quick, simple, and reliable. Seasoned greens are the perfect side to your steak of beef wellington, packing out your meal with a little something that’s good for you goes a long way.
- Green beans.
- Seasoning. (Garlic, herbs, and salt).
- Olive oil.
- In a small pot, bring some water to the boil.
- Then place your green beans into the water and good for 5 minutes (until slightly soft).
- Drain your beans and place them into a bowl.
- Add your butter, garlic, and salt and mix.
- Once the beans are fully covered, they’re ready to serve.
- For your asparagus, heat up a wok or frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add some olive oil and place your asparagus into the pan.
- After 30 seconds add all your seasoning. 9salt, garlic and herbs).
- Cook for 3 to five minutes (make sure to continuously stir).
- Serve and enjoy.
The perfect side dish to both your steak and beef wellington, dauphinoise potatoes are a great way to make a restaurant standard side, with a simple, easy to follow recipe.
- 562 ml of heavy cream.
- 562ml of milk.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 60g cheese.
- 6 medium potatoes. (White, or Maris Piper).
- Slice your potatoes into thin slices.
- Grate your cheese.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Now pour your heavy cream, milk and garlic into a large saucepan and simmer on a medium heat.
- Once simmering, add your sliced potatoes to the mix and cook for 3 minutes.
- Make sure to continually stir gently to ensure the potatoes do not stick.
- Remove the potatoes from the mix with a spatula and place into a non-stick oven proof dish.
- Once layered, pour the creamy garlic mix from the saucepan over your potatoes. (Take the leftover cloves out and discard).
- Now sprinkle over your grated cheese and place into the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes, making sure the cheese golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Indulgent salted caramel chocolate puddings
Why not finish the meal with an indulgent chocolate pudding. A classic favourite for obvious reasons, the rich flavour of these salted caramel puds will make your evening a night to remember.
- 4 tbsp of pre-made caramel.
- 85g of both milk and dark chocolate.
- 50ml milk.
- 100ml double cream.
- Add your caramel to the bottom of your serving bowls/pots/glasses. Leave to rest.
- Bring some water to the boil in a saucepan. Place a glass bowl into the saucepan. Gently melt your chocolate in the glass bow, string regularly.
- Pour and mix the double cream and milk into the chocolate until smooth.
- Carefully pour the mix over the caramel you prepared earlier. Ensure the dessert is fully covered.
- Once complete, place your puddings into the fridge and leave for at least 2 hours. For the best results, enjoy 12-24 hours after making.
- Serve and enjoy.
More about Parson’s Nose the online butcher
Parson’s Nose has a wide variety of delicious produce for you to choose from.
Now offering nationwide delivery, you can have our food delivered straight to your door. Shop online today.